Forbidden Legacy Guild

O_-

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

WOE Strategies/Tactics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
angellie

PostSubject: WOE Strategies/Tactics   Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:36 am

I wanna know what do we have as an strategy or any tactics that you think will work when we are going to war. We cannot just play by what we think or just going direct to the emperium and break it. think of a way as well like how to pass through the massive defense as well on how to put defense to protect the emperium. Any ideas will be appriciated. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dev

PostSubject: Re: WOE Strategies/Tactics   Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:53 am

Alright, here is what I have planned so far.
Although of course having a large number of decent members is a major key to WoE, these are some of my ideas.

Non trans WoE

Ok first of all, I want to say everyone who can equip a shield. Get golden thiefbug card if you don't have it already! Gtb (Golden thiefbug) blocks all magic and goes in a shield. It also blocks heals and makes skills cost 200% sp. But its very useful.

Its a pain when a single wizard walks in and takes out half the guild. Razz

Defencive:

This is working with some of the people I know will likely be on.

X-Rated, is going hunter with sqi. I'm going crusader with sqi.
For defending the emperium, X can safety wall it and I can sanctuary it.
Kai can hide his rouge in the emperium and pop out to divest when someone starts hitting it. Kai can also keep his bard closer to everyone in the back and play Poem of Bragi. To help speed up wizards, or any long range skills.

(Poem of bragi reduces 30% cast time and 50% cast delay reduction. Keep in mind that its impossiable to get instant cast with bragi regardless of your dex unless you are using berzebubs.)

Since I have aegis, and i'll be poem of bragi'd. I'll be able to sit around 11 squares away and still attack them. Nobody non trans can hit back 11 squares except for hunters (and unlikely but other saders). So X can set traps, maybe some other hunters who feel less confident in their damage can use curse arrows. We'll hold them in the front with arrows and shield boomerangs.

I'm thinking, since I have extra nif gears. I might aswell get another 99 sader and give him berzes/angeling and plant him somewhere cloaked with frilldora. Then pop out and grand cross people. Just incase.

At the moment we're working on 99ing a soullinker as a dual client. So when we take the castle we can Emergency call everyone. The soul linker can do some very helpful things.

Crusader: Shield skills 1-Never miss 2-Double Damage 3-Half cast time.
Awsome for me if i'm shield boomeranging.

Sin: Double damage with sonic blow, hey stacking poem of bragi and soul link on a katar sin (Especially if they have twin fang). Deadly even without edp.

Lots of other useful soul links! cheers

Of course all classes can deal damage. But there are some that kill exceptionally well. If we are simply killing others, these are the base fighters that come down to it when less strategy is involved in my mind.

Monk
Knight
Hunter
Assassin

Of course mvp gears and sqis help alot, aswell as wizards and ect all do very well to. I'm in no way implying other classes are not very good. I'm simply stating that if you have a large amount of these offencive classes it helps determine the battle quite a bit.

When it comes down to you having large guilds you would want 10 assassins and 3 wizards over 10 wizards and 3 assassins. If you see what I mean.
Once you have one bard playing, a second one would only frost joke more and play songs incases the other one died.
If someone is chemically protected all rouges can't strip that person. Not just one.
Priests can heal but the more people they can keep on healing the more effective they can be.
Wizards have an obvious despised enemy, gtb.

It comes down to good offencive classes to defend and attack successfully. I want everyone to be confident unless they are assisting somehow that they will be able to walk into WoE and if they see an opponent. Attack that person until the opponent loses.

Remember guys, keep on leveling! Keep on selling, and keep on progressing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angellie

PostSubject: Re: WOE Strategies/Tactics   Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:01 am

GOLDEN RULES

* DO NOT, UNDER ANY HYPOTESIS BREAK THE ICE! (Sin, Hunters, and no-1hit classes at all).
Freezing is safest way of killing in woe, even if the person is spamming cakes, yggs or w/e, if he gets frozen then asured the chances of dieing are 99.9%! So if you aren't a one hit class(monks or HIGH INT Wizzards/Sages) you should stay away from frozen ppl, this also applys when you are already hiting a person and you notice that they are constantly freezing, I'd prefer you let them freeze then stay hiting them, again, THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT RULE

* PLAY CLASSES THAT YOU ARE EXPERIENCED WITH!
I don't wanna see ppl playing classes that they never ever played in a woe, you must understand that even being something to bring fun there's some ppl that input a lot of dedication in woe, so its not a test field for your new classes, you should play classes that you are used to, this also makes easier for you to follow the class guides, again, i'm not saying that you can't ever change class, but before doing it you SHOULD get some experience.

* INPUT SOME DEDICATION<3!
I know we have a lot of ppl who work, who have kids, who have school, etc.... but they still find time to come and play with us, and I wish everyone had this kind of dedication, so I think we should have more compromise with the guild. Farming healing items/skill ingredients/money for woe, attending in time (30mins before it start), organizing for buffs and party, following our leaders orders, concentrating in rush and incoming times.. are actions that demonstrate that you deserve to be a part of the guild, not only carry the guild name.

*DEALING WITH SOUL LINKER BUFFS!
When you can notice that the enemys are using soul linker buffs there are a few things that should be avoided, like dpsing them, use skills instead of dps when they have the skill who reflects magic, just break it by using lvl 1 SG or lvl 1 w/e area skill.

*THE CLASS GUIDES*
Priest: Pneuma and Safetywall, seens easy, but it isn't, you must be sure of what are you doing before using them, use them based on the situation, for example, if another class are ataking you, you use safety, since the monk's asura hits you way more harder than anything... in rushes the pneuma is generally more needed than the safety, since they takes away asassin and hunters snipers under bragi using ranged atks, but again that changes according to the situation. Buffs are extremaly necessary as well... the main ones are: Agi up( doesn't need to be lvl 10), Kyrie Eleison(lvl10), Blessing(lvl10), Magnificat(any lvl), Aspersio(to use on our team), Status Recovery, Cure. When attaking its cool to have a priest using lex aeterna which makes the victim takes 2x dmg from the next hit, and another cool skill is lex divina, who mutes the enemy(cool to use against low vit classes, like prof, hw, clown)..... needless to say that you need sanctuary (max lvl) in woe to heal the emp.(NOTE THAT BEING POLITE AND PATIENT WHEN ASKING FOR BUFFS IS EXTREMLY NECESSARY)

Assassins: Remenber the basic, you're a sneak in class, you should popup from nothing and surprise the enemy when they are busy fighting other classes, I hate to see sins showing theirselfs to the enemy, and directly ataking, because even with strong dps, the class is still very sensible to damage, due to the fact that they must likely don't use a shield, so be smart, stay hidden, when you see a person with the guard down, do a full atk and get him down, don't dps monks, you will get blade stoped 90% of the time, try to aim ppl using gtb and don't let they notice that you have poison on. In the rush time, stay hidden and walk as soon as possible to the emperiun, DO NOT ATACK IT ALONE, wait for more team mates to get to emp, then you atack it, this way, you should be able to live until you break it. another cool thing about sins, is that you can use the enemy's bard bragi against theirselves, linked bards need to constantly cast poem to be able to spam, stay near them, wait for them to cast, them BOOM! out from nowhere.

Wizzards: Since our lame server has GTB as a prague spreaded by all the population, the main job for the Wiz's is make ppl drop their toads and tharas and put GTB on, but there are some points that can be exploited, focusing in classes that can't use gtb like snipers or sinx when they are hiting the emp is also a good thing to do, try to aways stay near of a clown to get bragi, storm gust is your main skill in woe, It indicates who is using gtb and who isn't, who is using unfrozen and who isn't, making the job easier for our one hit classes to finish the enemys. frozen ppl...use amplify magic power to make sure that your Jupitel will do high damage. Use safetywall wisely, putting it over a enemy whos using pneuma to defend himself proved to be very usefull..and also to support your team mates when they are frozen for example.

Monks: The main woe killers, the monk has all the tools to finish the enemys faster in woe, but they have to be smart, when asuring, try to aim ppl using GTB or unfrozen armor (needless to say that you must finish all the frozne ppl). When TSSing aways try to get aspersio or any other kind of weapon endown, because the property of suiken is alredy common in our server and everyone has an armor to counter it.

Hunters: TRAPS TRAPS TRAPS TRAPS AND MORE TRAPS!!!....they are awesome in woe, if well used of course, try to do not trap paths that we will have to use, or you will end up traping your own guild, ankle snare and the sp trap are the only ones that you should use in woe, also sighting the enemys should be one of your main functions in woe, for that use your sight(for hide/cloack) and arrow shower (stalkers in chasewalk). When under bragi you can spam DS. it does really good dmg though!

posting more, will edit as soon as its done.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X-hide

PostSubject: Re: WOE Strategies/Tactics   Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:23 pm

Nice job on the guide, Angel. Wizards don't have amplify in nontrans though... xD

You should maybe add to the golden rules that if you see someone E-calling, go interrupt the cast right away, especially when defending the castle.

In addition to what Angel wrote about wizards, they should also remember to keep sight on when needed. Fire Pillars are a good addition in defensive situations while precasting SG over the entrance, especially if you're in a bragi field. Quagmire can be useful too, but it affects your guildies as well so you gotta be careful where to use it. And remember to protect yourself with safety wall or seek for a pneuma depending on the situation. SG has a long after cast delay, especially without bragi, so make sure you're in a safety wall or pneuma before you cast it. People are gonna target you a lot (they know that most wizards die fairly fast and your role in woe can be very annoying towards your enemies), and being a class with low hp, you really gotta pay attention to how you protect yourself.

Generally though, we just need to get more people on from all the key classes. Without that, planning a strategy is pretty much pointless and WoE's are just gonna be what they've been before (ie. not so succesful). So please people, try to join WoE with us if anyway possible. In WoE, every single member adds something as long as they stick to their role and follow the orders of the leader.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dev

PostSubject: Re: WOE Strategies/Tactics   Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:18 am

Ninja:

Hidden water dammit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angellie

PostSubject: Re: WOE Strategies/Tactics   Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:03 am

X-hide wrote:
Nice job on the guide, Angel. Wizards don't have amplify in nontrans though... xD

yeah right. i thought i am in a trans woe guide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sian

PostSubject: Re: WOE Strategies/Tactics   Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:54 pm

You need a Dancer/Clown to "please don't forget me" on the emperium to slow down the Breakers ASPD.

Main job of a Priest is to Status Recovery and Pneuma, Safety wall is not that important. When going inside an enemy's Emp Room, the Priest are suppose to cast Sanctuarys and Pneumas on the entrance. And use Status Recovery on those that get frozen.

Once the guild more active and have more people to dual client (lol). Using Loki's Veil(Bard+ Dancer skill combo) on the entrance of the Emp Room is a must, so other guilds can't attack you when they get in.

Sader must keep the weaker characters Devoed.

Everyone should get a Horong Clip so they are able to Sight. Having Sight/Ruwatch up all the time is the key to not get a sneaky Sin to solo the castle.

That are the things that I got from the top of my head that are missing here.

I'm going to sleep now, might add something later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X-hide

PostSubject: Re: WOE Strategies/Tactics   Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:09 am

Sian wrote:
You need a Dancer/Clown to "please don't forget me" on the emperium to slow down the Breakers ASPD.
Yay, we got that covered already. xD

Thanks Sian, that's some useful info there.

The biggest problem we have now is capping castles. We don't really have an emp breaker yet, and there's a ton of star glads high jumping to the emp and capping the castle before even our peco'd people get to the emp room. So I think we should make a strategy for attacking, not just rush to the emp and hope for the best. Like have a group that stays at the castle entrance keeping those star glads out, while the capping group runs to the emp.

Once we do get a castle though, our defence at the emp seems to work fairly well, even though it's still a bit unorganized. Most of the time it took a lot more than just some sin or star glad trying to solo cap the castle from us. I think we were actually one of the very few guilds that held the pront castle for longer periods of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angellie

PostSubject: Re: WOE Strategies/Tactics   Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:06 am

thanks for the add-ons in this thread. btw, as jani have mentioned, those capping sg's are really annoying. it really messed up the phase of woe specially p3 castle. one more problem is that those guilds are not putting defense in it thus getting to the emperium room is no longer a tactical/class related issue.

with regards to this, i agree to jani's proposal of capping at least someone to deal with this capping sg's. there high jumping and running skills are really great help in penetrating through the castle terrain but i think some class can really make them vulnerable before even getting to the emperium.

on some relations of this, i would propose a group with tanker, a burst damage maker and a range class to deal with this star gladiators.

proposed plan:

1. camp a group outside the castle (knight/sader, wiz, hunter/bard, monk)
2. get inside the castle after emeperium is crushed.
note: get inside as before the sg gets in as much as possible
3. wizards and bard will both try to freeze the sg and other guilds, as they enter the entrance. delaying them will be
the key of getting in the emperium with higher chances.
note: the attack team should already be on the moved inside while the delay team are dealing with the other guilds
4. monks and other burst damage maker with the team will try to take down the sg one frozen. if no burst damage
maker, just leave them as they cant move while frozen.

hopefully and with proper team coordination, this will work. we have the guild but still we arent that well coordinated. we need to play by class and by assignated job according to plan and play not because thats what we think we should do. we are still growing and still getting in a good relationship. we will be on top as long as we are desciplined and learn how to play with each other.

any additional plans and comments will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X-hide

PostSubject: Re: WOE Strategies/Tactics   Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:26 am

Thumbs up for strategy. cheers Hopefully we'll get to try it tonight. Do we have any Taekwon classes in our guild? Having one with the delay team would be nice since they could try to Flying Side Kick all the incoming Star Gladiators. I'm not sure about this, but I think FSK should dispell Union of the Sun, Moon and Stars. Without Union, the Star Glads won't be that much of a threat anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOE Strategies/Tactics   

Back to top Go down

WOE Strategies/Tactics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forbidden Legacy Guild :: Not So Forbidden Topics :: Events &' Ideas-
Jump to: